LifeWise Renovations, in conjunction with Carondelet Home Care, is proud to present, “Botulinum Toxins: Treatment for Dystonia, Spasticity, and Other Conditions.”
Atul T. Patel, MD, MSHA will be presenting this CEU event on Wednesday, January 24 from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at the St. Joseph Medical Center in Kansas City, MO. There are two (2) CEUs available.
Dr. Patel maintains an active practice in physical medicine and rehabilitation in Kansas City. He has been with Kansas City Bone & Joint Clinic, PA since 2001. Dr. Patel has a Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, and received his Doctor of Medicine degree from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. He completed his residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) at the University of Washington in Seattle, and he has a Master’s in Health Administration (MHSA) degree from the University of Kansas.
Dr. Patel is certified by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, the American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine, the specialty Board of Spinal Cord Injury Medicine and the specialty Board of Neuromuscular Medicine. He is an oral board examiner for the American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine, and recently completed a term on the board of the American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine (AANEM).
- Understand the basic history and therapeutic use of botulinum toxins (BoTxn).
- Explain the basic mechanism of action of BoTxn.
- Review the pathophysiology of dystonia and spasticity and the indications for treatment with BoTxn.
- Describe other common conditions that are treated with BoTxn.
- Discuss the potential of future studies and use of other types of toxins.
Registration for this event is open. Learn more here.